I put some tomato seeds in the ground the other day. Wonder if it will affect them?
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN
258 PM EDT TUE APR 29 2008
...Near record low temperatures expected early Wednesday...
.Surface high pressure will move southeast and become centered over the southern Appalachians tonight. Northwest winds will decrease...allowing temperatures to fall rapidly after sunset. Most areas will fall into the lower to middle 30s. Areas of frost will develop across much of the region. Periods of freezing temperatures are expected across portions of Southwest Virginia.....the central and northeast valley of East Tennessee and southwest North Carolina. Low lying protected valleys have the best chance to see temperatures fall to freezing or below.
... Freeze warning in effect from midnight EDT /11 PM CDT/ tonight to 9 am EDT /8 am CDT/ Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a freeze warning...which is in effect from midnight EDT /11 PM CDT/ tonight to 9 am EDT /8 am CDT/ Wednesday.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are expected or occurring. These conditions may kill crops and other sensitive vegetation that are left unprotected.
I put some tomato seeds in the ground the other day. Wonder if it will affect them?
GO VOLS
Did you make a tomato bed? Cover them?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Global Warming!!!!!!!!!
I brought in the few plants that I could, and covered the rest.
Hopefully they'll be ok. This event wasn't nearly as harsh as the late freeze we got last year that killed my lilies and all but one of my rose bushes.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
That freeze last year wiped out the fruit trees too.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Global Warming!!!!!!!!! </div></div>
clearly
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Global Warming!!!!!!!!! </div></div>
yea, its obvious
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you make a tomato bed? Cover them? </div></div>
IT was a raised bed garden and it was just seeds. Didn't know if it would affect the germination of them. I hadnt ever started Tomatos from seeds outside before. So Im a noob on that one.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks